SSC invites the Application for the post of Head Constable in Delhi Police. There are two types of Head Constable post-
- Assistant Wireless Operator (AWO)
- Tele Printer Operator (TPO)
Candidates who want to join Delhi Police, may apply Online. Both Male and Female candidates can apply. SSC will conduct the Common Examination for these Posts. Candidates can go to the SSC official website www.ssc.nic.in to apply Online.
- Number of vacancy for Male candidate=573
- Number of vacancy for Female candidate=284
- Total number of vacancy = 857
SSC Head Constable Recruitment 2022 Details:
|Common Exam Conducted by||SSC|
|Post||Head Constable- AWO and TPO|
|Qualification||12th (Science & Maths)+ Typing Skill|
|Application Fee||Rs100 (SC/ST/Women/ESM- NO FEE)|
|How to apply||Online|
|Age||18-27 years( as on 01/07/2022)|
|Age Relaxation||(SC/ST-5 years OBC (Central list)-3years|
|Pay Scale||Level-4 (Rs. 25500-81100)|
|Base of Selection||Computer Based Examination (CBE) + PE&MT|
|Location||Anywhere in India|
- Computer Based Examination (CBE)
- Admit Card for CBE will be uploaded on the website of concerned Regional offices of the SSC.
- Merit List would be prepared in the ratio of 1:20 for appearing in the Physical Endurance and Measurement Test (PE&MT).
- PE&MT will be conducted by Delhi Police at Delhi only.
- SSC will provide the Admit card for all shortlisted candidates who are appearing in PE&MT.
- After conduct of PE&MT, Skill Test/Trade tests for all the posts will be conducted by Delhi Police.
- Again Merit List would be prepared and uploaded on SSC official website for further process.
- Document Verification
- Medical Test
- The final list of provisionally selected candidate will be announced by SSC.
Vacancies: The details of vacancies are as follows-
Head Constable (AWO/ TPO)-Male:
Head Constable (AWO/ TPO)-Female:
Educational Qualification: (as on 29/07/2022)
- Passed 12th from a recognized board with Science and Maths as subjects. OR
- National Trade Certificate (NTC) in the trade of Mechanic-Cum Operator Electronic Communication System.
- Proficiency in Computer Operation.
- Test of English word processing speed- 1000 key depressions in 15 minutes.
- Test of Basic Computer function.
Relaxation in upper age limit for different categories:
|3||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||3 years after deduction of military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of online application.|
|4||Sportsmen who have represented a State at the National Level or the country at the International level in sports during preceding 3 years from the date of advertisement (other than SC/ST)||5 years|
|5||Sportsmen (SC/ST)||10 years|
|6||Departmental candidates of Delhi Police(UR)||Up to 40 years of age|
|7||Departmental candidates of Delhi Police(OBC)||Up to 43 years of age|
|8||Departmental candidates of Delhi Police(SC/ST)||Up to 45 years of age|
|9||Widows/divorced women(UR)||Up to 35 years of age|
|10||Widows/divorced women(OBC)||Up to 38 years of age|
|11||Widows/divorced women(SC/ST)||Up to 40 years of age|
Relaxation for wards of Police Personnel of Delhi Police:
- Height(Male/Female) – Relaxable by 5cm
- Chest (Male only) – Relaxable by 5cm
Incentive to NCC Certificate Holder:
|Certificate Category||Incentive/Bonus marks|
|NCC ‘C’ Certificate||5% of the maximum marks of the examination|
|NCC ‘B’ Certificate||3% of the maximum marks of the examination|
|NCC ‘A’ Certificate||2% of the maximum marks of the examination|
Weightage of Additional Marks: Additional marks shall be given to the candidate possessing Degree/Post Graduate Diploma certificate awarded by the Rashtriya Raksha University (RRU) which will be as given below-
|Class obtained in Degree/Post Graduate Diploma||Additional marks to be given|
|Distinction||5% of the maximum marks of the examination|
|First Class||4% of the maximum marks of the examination|
|Second Class||3% of the maximum marks of the examination|
|Pass Class||2% of the maximum marks of the examination|
Subject- wise number of Question and Marks:
Note: 1.The level of Question Paper will be 12th level. 2. No Negative Marking.
Physical Test: (Qualifying)
(A) Male Candidates:
(B) Female Candidates:
(A) Male Candidates:
- Height-170cm, relaxable by 5 cms (On certain terms)
- Chest- Minimum (81 cms – 85 cms), relaxable by 5 cms (On certain terms)
(B) Female Candidates:
- Height- 157 cms, relaxable by 5 cms (On certain terms)
Process of Filling online Application:
Process of filling online Application consists of two steps-
- One Time Registration- Click on ‘Register Now’ link provided in ‘Login’ section on www.ssc.nic.in. One Time Registration requires filling up the Basic details, Additional and Contact details and Declaration.
- Filling of online Application for the Examination
SSC Head Constable Recruitment 2022 Important Dates in Delhi Police:
Note: It is advised to the candidates to read the Detailed Notification before online Application. Candidates can download the Notification through SSC official website www.ssc.nic.in